Valley Christian School offers International students the opportunity to study in a quality, fully accredited English Program in the beautiful country setting of Mission. While still close to the coastal city of Vancouver, students can enjoy the friendliness and safety of a smaller community as well as outdoor education activities such as hiking, sailing, canoeing, skiing, biking, skating and swimming.
Valley Christian School is a relatively small school and brings many benefits. The International students receive a quality full immersion education, study right alongside Canadian students, and receive help in acquiring proficiency in English in a thoroughly Christian setting. The government certified teachers are dedicated Christians who provide personalized help and a strong academic foundation so that students can graduate with a BC Dogwood diploma and qualify for post-secondary education at a Canadian or American university. There are a limited number of international students in each class so that each student receives the support necessary to ensure their success.
What We Offer
- Fine Arts (Drama, Music)
- Computer Sciences
- Physical Education & Athletics
- Social Studies
- Home Economics
- Career Tech
High school students, please see High School Planning Guide and High School Course Selection Sheet.
Here are links to nearby universities:
Simon Fraser University: www.sfu.ca
Trinity Western University: www.twu.ca
University of British Columbia: www.ubc.ca
University of the Fraser Valley: www.ufv.caAbout Us
- To qualify for our program, international applicants require average to above average marks on academic report cards and must also have positive comments from teachers on their moral character and work ethic.
- Our academic program enrolls students from Kindergarten to Grade12. Students enrolled in this program will take the required courses prescribed by the British Columbia Ministry of Education in order to lead to a Dogwood Graduation Diploma. Students may choose their length of stay beginning with a full year registration.
- Students must be willing to learn about another culture and be committed to hard work.
- Students will abide by Valley Christian School behavior standards.
- Students who do not come to Canada with their parent will be provided with homestay arrangements by their agent.
- September entry deadline: July 30th; February entry deadline: November 30th
- A Study Permit must be obtained according to Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s procedures for studying in Canada. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/
- An International Student application form must be completed and submitted to Kathie Krahn at email@example.com Fax: 604-826-2744; Phone: 604-826-1388
- A translated report card of the last two years of study is required.
- Required registration fee of $250 for Kindergarten-Gr. 3 OR $350 for Gr. 4-12.
- Gr. 9-12 students will need to provide a sample of writing and be interviewed by Skype.
Upon completion of the above steps, an invoice for payment of tuition will be issued. Payment can be made by bank transfer, cheque or cash. Once payment is received, VCS will issue a Letter of Acceptance. Please notify VCS of your arrival date. Upon arrival:
- Students are asked to bring passport, Study Permit, and contact information to VCS.
- VCS will arrange the Medical insurance for an additional cost of $1,000 under the VCS group plan unless the student wishes to secure their own BC Medical insurance. VCS will require a copy of the BC Medical card. Temporary medical coverage for the first three months in Canada will be arranged by VCS through Strategic Financial.